Sheanita R. Howard, MD, FAAP
Dr. Sheanita Howard graduated with honors from the University of Memphis, receiving both a B.S. in Biology and B.A. in Sociology. She earned her medical degree at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC in 2010. She completed her pediatric internship and residency at St. Louis University Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in 2013. Dr. Howard has also participated in the American Academy of Pediatrics Department of Federal Affairs Child Advocacy Internship Program in Washington, DC.
Her medical interests include preventative medicine, childhood obesity and pediatric advocacy. She enjoys caring for all children from birth to young adulthood.
Dr. Howard is board certified in General Pediatrics and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Howard currently calls Upper Marlboro, MD her home. She is thrilled to have welcomed a new bundle of joy to her family. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading and trying new recipes. She is an active member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Saint Louis University/Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Pediatric Internship and Residency Program
- Georgetown School of Medicine, Washington, DC: MD, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Memphis, Bachelor of Science, Biology, cum laude; Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, cum laude
- Board Certified Pediatrician
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR)
Professional Organizations, Honors & Activities
- American Academy of Pediatrics Fellow
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.